With technology and social media taking over the marketing industry it is important to keep your marketing tactics up-to-date. With everyone using social media to promote their businesses, it is key to find a way for the business to stand out amongst the rest. Less people are using a desktop and more are solely depending on their mobile devices.
A great way to create easy engaging content is to create a mobile video. This can be placed on social media platforms and also websites- keep in mind it is important that the website adapts with speed and appearance on a mobile device, be sure to speak to your web developer about this. Many make the mistake of not paying attention to how the website appears on a mobile device- in today’s society this is so important!
Here are some statistics on video marketing!
- 85% of the US view videos online.
- Every 60 seconds 72 hours of video content is uploaded to YouTube.
- In 2016, the time Instagram users spent watching videos increased by more than 40 percent. (Instagram)
- More than 500 million people watch video on Facebook every day (via Forbes).
- More than half of video content is viewed on a mobile device.
- 90% of Twitter video views happen on a mobile device.
- Marketers who use video grow revenue 49% faster than non-video users (via Wordstream).
- Views on branded video content have increased 258% on Facebook and 99% on YouTube as of June 2017 (via tubularinsights).
- Viewers who watch video retain95% of a message and those who read it only retain 10%.
- By 2019, internet video traffic will account for 80% of all consumer Internet traffic Wordstream) and by 2020, online videos will make up more than 80% of all consumer internet traffic (85% in the US) (via biteable).
These are only a small amount of statistics when it comes to video marketing- there is so much more information out there and reasons why it is important for businesses in terms of growth! If you are interested or in need of guidance regarding video production contact McElroy Films today.